[Last Updated: September 22, 2017]
While summer is the time of the year when we especially appreciate window blinds, shutters, and shades; depending on where you live, there may be good use for them throughout the year… It is, of course, in the sunny months that if you don’t have these, you are more frequently reminded how much you really need them. With such consumers in mind we had approached the task of creating the original list several years ago, and keep updating it regularly by monitoring the market. Below we bring our list of the top ten companies that sell interior shutters, blinds, and window shades online.
Here are the top 10 companies we recommend considering:
- Blinds.com — This is a truly impressive online retailer. They sell twice as many blinds as their closest competitor does. The actual numbers exceed 4,200 blinds sold by Blinds.com online every day. They’ve made lists of Inc 500, Internet Retailer’s Top 500 brands, and were also awarded Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year prize in 2006. Their SureFit™ Guarantee covers you as a blinds customer. They also guarantee prices lower than you would get at Lowes or at Home Depot; and do so within 30 days of purchase. While we’re listing them first, because of our alphabetical order, they would’ve remained in this place in a true ranking as well.
- BlindsExpress.com — As the company itself puts it “over 45 years of customer service excellence,” they strive nothing else but your full satisfaction: from the research phase of your shopping process to the ordering and beyond. They sell window blinds, shades, shutters, and also wood drapery and panel track systems. They charge no sales tax (apart from New York state), offer overnight delivery, multiple payment options, and support by friendly and knowledgeable staff.
- Blindsgalore — Regardless of positioning themselves as “a small family owned business” this company is truly “passionate about bringing beautiful and affordable custom window treatments” to every home. Everything is 100% custom made, orders ship for free within contiguous U.S.; and on top of everything they have a love-it-of-exchange-it-for-free policy too.
- 3 Day Blinds — This company’s motto is: bringing “you premium custom window treatments with unrivaled service and value.” They pride themselves with “more than 37 years of client satisfaction” with 9 out of 10 clients being wiling to recommend them to friends and family. Besides blinds and shutters, they also offer shades, curtains, drapes, and a number of other window treatment options to choose from.
- BlindSaver.com — Launched in late 2003 this company “established itself as one of the nation’s premier online custom window covering retailers.” They carry products by an array of well-known industry brands (including Bali, Graber, Levolor, Good Housekeeping, and more). Every order comes with free ground shipping, free exchanges, and they even offer free samples (which ship within 1 business day).
- Steve’s Blinds & Wallpaper — Submitted by our reader, Janet, who applauded them for great “prices and customer service,” this family business has been around since 1950. Just as the name implies, they focus on two things: blinds and wallpaper. “Steve’s Guarantee” – which is backed up by their 65+ years in business – is made of four promises: 100% satisfaction guarantee, lifetime lowest price guarantee, no hidden fee guarantee, and free lifetime warranty.
- Wayfair — Being “one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home,” they are a great place to shop for window blinds, shutters, and shades. Wayfair offers pretty wide selections of all (literally 1,000+ SKUs!) and is definitely worth a look.
- Shop Ladder — This one is a really interesting company, one that grew from a bootstrapped startup into a major online retailer. They, too, carry an array of blinds and shades. At the time of this review, their inventory is fairly evenly split between bamboo blinds, horizontal window blinds, indoor roll up shades, Matchstick blinds, pictures blinds, and Roman shades. They also carry a few options for outdoor window shades.
- Home Square — While it is more widely known as a company focused on furniture, they do feature quite a selection of roll up blinds, Roman shades, and many options for bamboo blinds with various imagery: from Oriental motifs to depiction of famous landmarks and architectural sights. Speaking of the former, check out Oriental Decor as well.
- Moshells — Finally, browse the Blinds & Shades selection of this online seller. They carry a number of affordable vinyl options of “mini blinds.” Free shipping is also available on orders over a certain amount.
Finally, for exterior shutters, a good company to consider is CustomExteriorShutters.com.
Happy shutters and blinds shopping; and if we’ve missed your favorite vendor, please do add them through the “Comments” function below.